Thursday, January 21, 2010

Allan & Boo: Strandkombuis




He looks at her like he has found this magical key to unlock a world where this goddess is his princess. She smiles… all the time, lovingly – not just softly, since this is that special kind of connection where no else really exist apart from the two of them. And this is her happiest day in her life. Her wedding day.

Boo I’ve been communicating with for at least two years.. and through emails I got to know her fairly well. Allan I met a couple of days before the big event. This two along with with family and a wonderful group of friends travelled to South Africa to celebrate their wedding at the wonderful venue, Strandkombuis.

It was a windy day.. the priest had to run twice to elude the spring tide, but it was an incredibly wonderful day. Blue was everywhere: the sky, the dresses, the flowers, the details, and then Allan and Boo’s eyes. Since im in love with colour, it’s only logical that I can describe all my feelings in colours. Happiness is blue and yellow, maybe little green.. some whites. See where im going with this?

Boo and Allan, you are drooliciously sexy – sorry people but I really cannot describe them differently than that (meet them and you’ll see) – your interaction with one another is electric, its warm, its sooo sincere and so loving - your day can only be described as the “blue and yellow” event. It makes me happy to look through your pictures and relive all the laughs and moments shared with you.

Something interesting I found whilst editing your pics… generally beach weddings is a light and bright kind of affair to me, colours explode, the blues, the yellows.. but it was kind of interesting to me that I leant towards dark and dramatic, some depth.. whilst editing these pics. I suspect that not only do I edit according to scenery and basically edit each wedding from scratch.. there is no winning recipe I use over and over really, but more interestingly I found that my experience with a couple specifically has a great influence on how I “see” their day. Maybe… yes, I kind of think it does in a big way.

I shall be seeing you on the flip side 

Love and Light

Retha






























































I love this one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos! 110% wow...

Wendy said...

Beautiful pictures, I was sent a link through a friend of a friend of the Bride, Gorgeous set, it doesn't hurt that the couple are very attractive too!!