Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gavin & Vicky: Moreson

Meet the Hardings... Vicky and Gavin - when I met you I was greeted with a couple who so in love and in sync with each other, who shares a creative streak and who is easy going - as a photographer, you made my day - it is what makes the blood pump gloriously in my veigns.  So thank you from the bottom of my heart for being two very bright rays of sunshine. 
Gavin is a photographer in Canada himself, so it was kind of a stresful pulling out my camera at first - yes, of course it's mega stresful.  Let me explain why.  Never do I walk into a wedding full of bravado or confidence, and for the most part I personally feel its to my advantage - keeping my feet firmly on the ground.  But wow... Gavin and Vicky, you guys rocked my socks off SIDEWAYS.  Really. 
Anyway... Vicky recounted their story to me with a big smile as I sat on the bedroom floor where she was getting ready.  They were legally married months ago, due to circumstances out of their control.  BUT they shared a dream of a beautiful South Afrifan wine farm wedding, which culminated in this glorious morning wedding... which was as elegant as Vicky, and as charmingly creative as Gavin. 
I have yet to enjoy a more relaxed wedding, and I have yet to enjoy such an easy couple to work with.  
I know you are missing the sunshine in SA - believe me SA miss you too.  
These are for you.. with all my love 

Vicky's sister did her hair and makeup, and all I can say is.. job well done girl
Gavin pondering over his vows...
And then transformed into male model extraordinare
My favourite...
I love love love the fact this photo was not my suggestion - this was all Vicky... :)



I am so in love with the next two shots
Part of the awesomeness of this day was that there are no obvious locations on the farm to shoot which makes my job both thrilling and exciting.. this tree stump we found whilst wanting to shoot with the mountains as a backdrop and I knew it was going to a winner


And one or two more because i cant stop choosing shots to blog.. sorry

2 comments:

Mitchell Wong Ho said...

Totally gorgeous couple! Difficult NOT have a great session! Great job,Retha

Retha Wainwright said...

wow, awesome comment to get from you Mitch :) Thank you SO much. xxxx Retha (and yes.. they were a stunning couple to work with)